I cant tell you how thrilled I was to find out that the July Album kit at My Creative Scrapbook featured A Charmed Life collection! This is one of my most favorite lines of paper ever! I love everything about it, the awesome color combo, the fun patterns, but most of all I adore that is says LUCKY & CHARMED all over!!
I am going to share the mini album I created along with some tips on how I created each page! All of the pages have some sort of pocket, that is the easiest way I know to add photos to a mini album and be able to add all the fun embellishments!
Here is a pic of the competed mini album. The ribbon on the binding was originally a pale yellow, I used the Mister Huey's mist to color it!
Here is the cover. Lots of layers and light distressing. I also misted the flower, it was originally white.
On this page I cut some of the elements from the pattern paper and layered them to create a pocket. The orange and green photo mats easily slide out for photos and/or journaling. Also I cut a corner of the doily and misted it for another layer.
More layering and distressing using the pattern paper and die cuts that come in the kit. I used a border punch to the 3x4 journaling card for fun! The journaling is my pocket for the photo mats. I created this pocket by only adding my adhesive on the left side and the bottom of the card.
This is my favorite page in the album! I cut out the LUCKY from the pattern paper, layered it on top of the polaroid die cut and used that for my pocket to hold my photo mats!
Lots of fussy cutting elements from the paper for this page! I layered them all together to create the pocket here.
I used another journaling card to create a pocket on this page. To create the window I punched the scallop circle, filled a sandwich bag (cut down to size) with some of the Studio Calico sequins that are included in the kit, adhered the bag shut and then adhered it to the back of the card. I added a piece of cardstock behind the window to give it a solid background so you could see the sequins better. I popped the entire card up with dimensional adhesive.
The last page, I used a banner that I created from the pattern paper for the base of my pocket. I layered some elements I cut from the pattern paper and die cuts, along with another misted flower. I added another corner of the doily and my album is done!